Is it too late in the season to have pumpkin muffins? Nah, anytime is a good time to have pumpkin muffins, so here you go! An easy and healthy pumpkin muffin recipe. It's been adapted from Homesong Blog.
Maple Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 cups gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1) or whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 mashed banana or 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can organic pumpkin (it's truly so much better than regular pumpkin...trust me)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with parchment paper liners (these are my favorite
Mix all of the dry ingredients (GF flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon) together with a whisk.
Mix all of the wet ingredients (brown sugar, maple syrup, mashed banana, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin) together until combined.
Using a cookie scoop (one of my favorite utensils
in the kitchen), scoop 2 scoops of batter into each muffin tin.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean.
Makes about 15 muffins.