My Favorite Things to Feel Cozy
It's the saddest part of the year for some people because it is getting dark earlier and earlier. I don't love it either, but I've found some ways to cope and make the fall/winter months a little more enjoyable.
1. Get up earlier. I know that's not what anyone wants to hear, but it's a great cure for the darkness blues. It gets lighter earlier, so it makes your life a little easier in my opinion. I try to wake up at 6:00 every morning, and since the time changed, it's been easier and easier because the sun is already coming out more than the week before. I may even try to get up sooner than this after this week to workout and give myself time to read.
2. Light candles as much as possible. I love just beeswax candles especially in the morning, but it definitely sets a mood for you! We sell these, and they are the perfect taper candles. But this candle is what we've been burning at home, and it's delightful!
3. A good sweater and a good pair of slippers will do the trick for cold mornings. I have a couple of these sweaters, and they are just amazing. I love layering them in the mornings before I'm ready to put on my clothes. We sell these slippers, and I love them for when it's not too cold in our home. When it is a little more chilly, I bundle up with these, and I've had them for 4 years and can't complain about them at all!
4. Warm your mug before putting your coffee in it! We have a really cold kitchen (thanks older home), so our coffee tends to get chilly before we're finished drinking it. So, we have started warming our mugs with hot water from our kettle, and it's a game changer. One day I'll be fancy and have a fun Ember mug, but until then, I'll just warm my mug and use a warmer like this one to keep it warm!
5. Get outside as much as possible. I've been reading the book about being outside more, and it's so true that it definitely makes you feel better especially when it's dark the majority of the time. When the weather is nice, go for a walk! Or bundle up!
6. Snuggle up with a good book! Y'all know I love quilts and books, and I am reading this fiction one right now and this non-fiction one. I am loving both so far. Bryson just finished up this one, and I think he had mixed reviews on it! We are both on Goodreads (Susan and Bryson) if you ever want to keep up with what we are reading! I'm looking forward to some cozy reads this autumn/winter! Owen is loving this book, too!
7. Twinkle lights make everything better! I like to keep twinkle lights in our kitchen year-round, but they are super helpful in the fall/winter months for sure! I just buy these cheap ones from Target that can be replaced easily!