Pumpkin Muffins Just in Time for Thanksgiving
This season in particular I've been aching to bake more and more. Maybe it's because I'm getting older and feel more like a homemaker, or maybe it's because it's something other than sewing that I'm doing with my hands. Pumpkin baked goods are a favorite of ours, and when I found this one-bowl pumpkin muffin recipe from Minimalist Baker, it became a priority to try.
I've made these several different ways now, and I think I've finally decided on my favorite way. So, I thought I would share the recipe with you just in time to make for your Thanksgiving guests! I love pairing with coffee or hot tea and a little bit of peanut butter (I love putting peanut butter on everything).
One-Bowl Pumpkin Muffins
adapted from Minimalist Baker
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup AP flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons AP flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 heaping tablespoon of coconut oil
- Pinch of pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with unbleached muffin tin liners.
- Add the egg to a large mixing bowl and then add the applesauce and mix.
- Add pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, maple syrup, olive oil, and vanilla and whisk together for 1 minute.
- Stir in baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice and mix. Add water and mix again.
- Add the almond meal, oats, and AP flour. Mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter into muffin tins. Fill them up 2/3 of the way up.
- In a small mixing bowl (or clean the one you've been using), mix the ingredients for the crumble together with a fork. Add a spoonful to the top of each muffin before baking.
- Put muffins in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before eating (if you can wait that long)!
Hope you enjoy making these muffins! Let me know if you have any questions!