Weekly Favorites - March 22
1. I recently read this book (it's taken me a while), and gosh it changed my life. Growing up in a church that was very much about purity culture, this struck all the cords in things I had felt, been taught, and still struggle with today. I highly recommend it if you are a woman and are a parent!
2. I'm sure I've posted this cake before, but it seriously is the best birthday cake ever. It's super yummy and a crowd pleaser! I make it for everyone's birthday in our family! Pro tip: you have to use normal sprinkles instead of the natural kind if you want it to look like a traditional funfetti cake!
3. Why is it when you need a new car seat it feels like you're shopping for an extra limb? I love the car seat we have for Owen, but it's just not feasible these days because of the cost. So, I think I finally found one for Amos that is affordable, but also extremely safe! It seems on the smaller size, too, which is always helpful! If you haven't used this baby/children's site before, you really should! Use my link and you can become a rewards member, too! They have THE best prices on baby gear.
4. I'm collecting ideas for our kiddos for their Easter baskets, and I am going to get Owen a Toob of bugs and then this playfoam to have a sensory bin! We love Kinetic Sand, so I'm hoping he loves this just as much.
5. I made these muffins for Owen's birthday treat for school (they eat snack early in the AM, so I didn't want to send cupcakes), and they were delicious! I didn't have enough greek yogurt on hand, so I used sour cream. They were still delicious!
** Disclaimer - if you purchase some things from our links, I will be making a commission off of them.**
Leave a comment