Flat Rate Shipping!*
Needle & Grain and Mayberry
If you’ve been a fan of Needle & Grain it’s no secret that we LOVE The Andy Griffith Show. It’s become the background music to our workshop and overtime is the trigger to keep us focused. Having a hard time getting back to the grind? Flip on an episode of Andy. It’s cathartic and spiritual and full of rich wisdom. It pulls our minds back to simpler times of porch sitting and pickle canning (and the occasional moonshinin’). We love it for so many reasons.
Now, I know you’re thinking, “But guys, it’s not real. It’s just a TV show!” We’re well aware of that, but you can’t help but think that a world where everyone knows your name and deals are made on handshakes is possible. When we were feeling disconnected in the city we moved to, we looked to our hometown and saw a stirring that was beckoning us home. We also saw that Mayberry spirit in some of the folks we got to know during the process. It wasn’t long before we were sold on moving back and setting up shop (literally) to assimilate further into the culture we so loved as children.
What does Mayberry mean to us and our store.
- It’s building solid relationships with our regulars.
- It’s always being friendly to new customers
- It’s offering a listening ear to those in need.
- It’s big bins of buttons, ribbons, candy and more.
- It’s providing shelter from storms whether real or in spirit.
- It’s making handshake deals with locals and abroad.
- It’s giving our vendors a fair price.
- It’s staying opening early and staying out late when the time calls.
- It’s leaving room for impromptu singin’ and dancin’.
- It’s free from pressure to buy but not free from pressure to take a load off and sit a while.
- It’s a place to learn and grow.
- It’s a place for kids and adults alike
We’ve set out to build a shop like no one’s ever seen before because we believe at the core, home goods and crafts are great areas of comfort. They signal you that it’s time to take a break, escape your troubles. Like the idea of Mayberry, we believe Needle & Grain should reflect that too. We have plans to erect a rather large print of our friends Andy and Barney to remind ourselves (and our guests) that we don’t take ourselves too seriously and to always take time to enjoy the simple pleasures in life. Because that’s what’s truly important.
We hope to see you soon.
–Bryson & Susan