Flat Rate Shipping!*
Weekly Recipe - Banana Bread
I used to not love banana bread, and then I started making it myself. It's one of my favorite snacks and go-to baking recipes because let's be honest...there are always brown bananas in our house!
I love this recipe from Joanna Gaines' Magnolia Table, but I've made a few tweaks to make it my own.
Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 stick salted butter, melted (you'll also want some for serving - and trust me...do NOT skip this step)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (I've also substituted this with coconut sugar, and it was just as tasty)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (don't use the fake stuff, please)
- 4-5 medium bananas (I throw mine in while it's blending so they are still chunky)
- 1 3/4 cups of GF flour (or if you must AP flour, but I love the grittiness that comes from GF flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and line a 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper. You'll thank me later!
- In a stand mixer (or a hand mixer in a bowl), beat together the butter, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the bananas and mix until combined.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl together, then slowly add them to your wet ingredients.
- Mix in your chocolate chips.
- Add the mixture to your baking pan and then sprinkle with granulated sugar on top.
- Cook for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the middle! The top will be brown and crystallized!
- Serve with salted butter and try not to eat the entire pan!